Now enrolling for private music lessons
We hope you’ll join in the fun! Enroll now for the 2023-24 school year or for summer lessons. Please click here to submit your lesson preferences, and we’ll be in touch to help you schedule your lesson soon.
We make every effort to ensure an excellent placement between students and our professional faculty.
Placements and lesson times are determined by a combination of factors including:
- The student’s interest in a particular instrument or genre
- The student’s age, personality, and learning style
- A faculty member’s availability and the student’s ability to attend lessons during a particular day and time
For private and semi-private lessons, there are 35 lessons in a full school year. Students may enroll at any time during the year, and lessons will be pro-rated based on how many lessons are remaining in the school year.
If you’re interested in music lessons, and you’re curious about how our virtual platform works, we invite you to take a trial lesson. It only takes a few minutes to tell us what you’re looking for using our online form, and we’ll match you with the perfect teacher at a time that’s convenient for you. Request a trial lesson here.
Resources for the 2023-2024 School Year at CMSS
- 2023-2024 Student and Family Handbookopens PDF file opens WORD file
- 2023-2024opens PDF file opens in a new window CMSS Calendaropens PDF file
- 2023-2024opens PDF file Online Financial Aid Application for NEW Students
- 2023-2024opens PDF file Online Financial Aid Application for Currently Enrolled CMSS Students
- opens in a new windowWhere To Get Your Musical Suppliesopens PDF file
Financial Aid for Music Lessons at CMSS
CMSS offers need-based financial aid up to a 56% discount, depending on household income.
For more information or to apply for financial aid, please click here.
Card to Culture
We are proud to participate in the opens in a new window Card to Culture program, a collaboration between opens in a new windowMass Cultural Council and the opens in a new windowDepartment of Transitional Assistance, opens in a new window Massachusetts Health Connector, and opens in a new window Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program, by breaking down the financial barriers to cultural programming. All students/families with an EBT, WIC, or ConnectorCare card are eligible to participate in any ensemble for free, and receive a 50% discount on any group music class.
Click here to learn more about CMSS’ Card to Culture offerings.