Preschool and Pre-K
Gather round our imaginary campfire! This camp themed session, led by Ann-Marie Messbauer, will help your budding musician learn the world of fiddling! With large and small group experiences tailored to your child’s musical ability, they will perform in a showcase at the end of the session to show off their new skills.
Mermaids, pirates, and hula, OH MY! During this two week session we will explore ocean themed musicals, create beachy crafts, and even learn to hula! The final performance will be a culmination of all CMSS musical theatre stars in a multi-level showcase under direction of Ava D’Agostino, Heather Krasner, and Jonathon Streker.
…Did you hear that?! African and bucket drumming with Rick Marshall will be featured in this two week session. Students will learn about the inhabitants of the African Savanna, move like the animals they discover, and unleash their artistic prowess. The rhythms of the final showcase will surely make you rock and ROAR!
- July 29 – August 21: Additional flexible care is available
Email Prelude Preschool Director, Becca Storozuk at [email protected] for more information on full- and partial-day programming on a weekly or monthly basis.
About CMSS's Preschool and Pre-K Summer Program
During each two-week session, our Prelude Preschool teachers invite young children to explore, play, and make music within an artistic theme. In the morning, a professional teaching artist engages youngsters in a musical exploration that culminates in a performance the final Friday of each session. Prelude Preschool Summer Sessions also feature plenty of outdoor and cooperative play, movement classes, developmentally appropriate learning activities, and specially programmed walking field trips to the Springfield Museums on Wednesday afternoons.
Ages: 3 years – entering kindergarten
Daily program hours: 9am – 3pm
- Drop-off starts at 8am; pick-up by 4pm at no extra charge
- Additional private and semi-private music programming is available 4-5pm at additional cost (indicate interest in this programming on your registration form)
Session Tuition: $800 for each two-week session
- Flexible payment plans are available
- Early bird discount: Register by March 31st and save $50
- Save $50 when you register for 2 or more sessions total per family
- New to CMSS or Prelude Preschool? We’ll schedule a tour for new summer session participants during the spring of 2020
- Looking for a preschool for the fall? If you fall in love with Prelude this summer save $50 on your registration for the school year
- Current Prelude Preschool families receive $50 off
Be sure to bring:
- Nut-free snack
- Nut-free lunch
- Reusable water bottle
- Crib sheet
- Small blanket
- Extra shoes for playing outside
- Extra change of clothes
- Pull-ups and wipes if needed
Private music lessons are offered throughout the summer in one hour increments.
Use our online registration system to submit your availability and instrument choice (and request an instructor if applicable). We will be in touch to confirm your lesson and match you with an instructor that meets your schedule and instrumental needs.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate your summer plans
- Offering a variety of instruments and voice instruction to students of all ages and levels
New! Semi-Private Lessons
Find one or a few friends who share your interest in the same (or similar) instruments, and you can split the cost of a private lesson!
To register, once you have determined the availability of everyone in your group, please contact the registration team at CMSS (413-732-8428 / [email protected]). We will find an instructor that meets your group’s scheduling and instrumental needs and be in touch to get you registered!
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to be put on a waitlist to form a semi-private group, please contact CMSS. We cannot start semi-private lessons until minimum enrollment is met.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate your summer plans
- Professional teaching artists offer quality group instruction for a fraction of the cost of a private lesson
- Great for students of all ages
- Must purchase a minimum of 4, one-hour semi-private lessons
- Semi-private lessons can have 2-5 students total
- Must be grouped with similar ability levels and/or like instruments
- Great option for students interested in getting started with a Chamber Group
New! Weekly Evening Classes for Adults
Summer is a fantastic time to try something new!
On a weekly basis, for six weeks this summer, adult students can work with a professional teaching artist to try out a new instrument with peers who are also just starting out on a musical journey. Join a beginning class to build a strong foundation for continued learning, to discover a new creative outlet, or to simply have a good time with fun people after work. Bring your instrument to the first class or we can help provide one.
This summer’s classes are forming now: