THIS POSTING HAS BEEN CLOSED; WE ARE NO LONGER HIRING FOR THIS POSITION.
Community Music School of Springfield is dedicated to providing an equitable and inclusive center of excellence in music education that empowers individuals, inspires creative passion, and promotes well-being in our greater community. We seek to build a diverse staff that reflects the community we serve, and encourage Latinx and Black individuals to apply. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CMSS’ Event Support Intern works with our Concert Hall Manager to help support student recitals, concert hall rental events, and community performances. They will be trained to use CMSS’ audio/visual equipment. This is an entry-level position designed to help individuals in college or just starting out with their careers build their resumes, networks, and experience.
- Attend CMSS events, providing audio/visual support and stage/equipment management
- Provide other types of event support as needed (welcoming performers or guests, handing out programs/information, etc)
- Maintain consistent punctuality and reliability for all shift hours assigned
- Ensure adherence to all rules for use of CMSS’ historic Robyn Newhouse Hall
- As a representative of CMSS, help all students, staff and visitors feel welcome and comfortable in our space, treating all with respect and empathy to support an organizational culture of equity
- Address any facility of customer issues that may arise during shift, elevating as needed to appropriate management staff
- Other tasks as assigned
What you will learn/Skills you will gain:
- Experience working in an collaborative, artistic nonprofit environment
- Experience using audio/visual equipment
- Customer relationship building
- Expanded networks among CMSS faculty, staff and students
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Ability to multi-task and focus in a busy environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; Ability to communicate compassionately and respectfully with people from a different races, ethnicities, cultures, genders, abilities and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive working relationships
- Open to learning new things and adaptable to changes
Compensation: $17 per hour
Duration: 2023-24 school year (August 28, 2023 – June 21, 2024)
This position has an irregular schedule depending on when events occur, which is often in the evenings or on weekends. Event dates and times will be provided as much in advance as possible.