|Length||Price Per Lesson||Semi-Annual Payment (eligible for 5% discount)||Full Year Tuition|
2021-2022 School Year Registration Fee for Private Lessons: $50 (per family)
45-Minute Semi-Private Lessons
We invite students of all ages and abilities to gather their own group of peers (2-4 participants) who share an interest in the same instrument and are approximately the same level of playing ability. CMSS then matches you group with an instructor best suited to meet your musical needs and availability requests. Semi-private lessons are scheduled to take place weekly, tuition is $60 per 45-minute lesson (divided evenly among the 2-4 students in the group), and there is no yearly registration fee for semi-private lessons. Semi-private lessons at CMSS offer students a more affordable way to get started with lessons or continue their musical journey, and they provide a great social context for learning and playing as a group.
We have a number of tuition discounts available for students taking private and semi-private lessons:
- Early Bird Registration – waive registration fee ($50 per family) when you enroll in your private lesson and remit deposit (first month’s tuition) by May 31, 2020
- Pay in Full – save 5% by paying half of private lesson tuition upon registration and the other half in January 2021 (valid only from the rollover period in April 2020 through November 2020)
- Autopay Enrollment – enroll in monthly autobilling to save $50 off your invoice
- Two Lesson Enrollment – families with two private lesson enrollments save $20 off your invoice (cannot be combined with three lesson enrollment discount)
- Three Lesson Enrollment – families with three or more private lesson enrollments save $50 off your invoice (cannot be combined with two lesson enrollment discount)
- Carpool Agreement – commit to carpooling to your lesson with another student (or walk or take the bus to CMSS) and save $50 on private lesson tuition (sign agreement with front desk)
CMSS is proud to offer need-based Financial Aid for kindergarten through 12th grade students who would like to take a music lesson.
Students have the choice of the following two payment options for private lessons:
Pay in Full
You may pay twice a year (payment for the first half of the year is due at the time of registration; second payment due January 15). Students who choose this option for private lessons receive a 5% discount on the total tuition.
If this option is chosen, students must pay the registration fee and 10% deposit at the time of registration. The remaining monthly payments will be due by the 15th of each month. Based on your start date, number of lessons, and day of the week your lesson falls on, the amount of your monthly bill will vary.
Tuition for Classes & Ensembles varies based on the length and level of the group.
PLEASE NOTE: In the interest of “going green” CMSS sends monthly invoices via email. If you do not have the ability to receive emails, we will make other arrangements at the time of registration. The school policy requires payments to be made by the 15th of the month regardless of whether or not an invoice is received. CMSS accepts payments over the phone, via mail, and online in the form of checks, money orders, or credit cards. Please note that only exact cash payments will be accepted.