It is advisable that students discuss their lesson interests with the Registrar prior to enrollment. We make every effort to ensure an excellent placement between students and our professional faculty. Placements and lesson times are determined by a combination of factors including:
- The student’s interest in a particular instrument or genre
- The student’s age, personality and learning style
- A faculty member’s availability and the student’s ability to attend lessons during a particular day and time
For private lessons, there are 36 lessons in a full school year. Students may enroll at any time during the year, and lessons will be pro-rated based on how many lessons are remaining in the school year.
For group classes and ensembles, there are 34 classes in a full school year. Not all classes all available for late registration. Please speak with the Registrar about pro-rating class tuition.
How to Register
- Fill out and sign the Registration Form. Please note that if emailing your registration form, typing your name at the bottom and sending the registration form from your email address qualifies the typed signature as a digital signature and obligates the student and/or parent/guardian to abide by CMSS Policies and Procedures.
If you were registered at CMSS for the 2016-17 school year, please use this Re-Registration Form 2017-18. For all others, here is the New Student Registration Form 2017-18.
- Speak with our Registrar to determine placement of the student.
- Arrange payment plan with Registrar.
Yearly Registration Fee:
- New Students/Families: $50 individual, $60 family
- Returning Students/Families: $40 individual, $50 family
Private lesson prices:
30 minute lesson: $35/lesson; $1260/full year tuition
45 minute lesson: $45/lesson; $1620/full year tuition
60 minute lesson: $60/lesson; $2160/full year tuition
Ensemble/Group class prices vary. Please see our Ensembles page for details.
If you would like us to automatically charge your monthly tuition payment, please submit this Credit Card Authorization Form with your registration form.
To apply for Financial Aid, please use our Financial Aid Application.